FREE web editors?

stoner 11:58 27 Mar 04

Hey Guys,
I've just started on HTML but don't want to go to all the trouble yet of spending loads of dosh on an expensive web editor.
Anyone know of any good freebies out there?
Many thanks,

PurplePenny 13:20 27 Mar 04

Not just good - downright excellent! HTML-Kit from Chami:

click here

As well as doing a thoroughly good job of being an HTML editor you can download add-ons for much, much more. It is free for personal use and inexpensive to buy for commercial use.

If you want a good (free) HTML tutorial go to W3Schools:

click here

PP

desbest 13:39 27 Mar 04

Microsoft Word can create websites.

Go to click here and downlaod Mozilla.
Or instead go to netscape.com and download Netscape Composer from browser central. Each of these are the same thing.

desbest 13:41 27 Mar 04

Someone told me that you can have a FREE SunStar Office. How di I get it?

Taran 17:29 27 Mar 04

It's best if you make a new thread for your own subject rather than continue on from someone else's thread.

StarOffice is not available free. It ceased being free a couple of versions ago and now costs to buy and install.

You could try OpenOffice click here if you want a free office suite. StarOffice is, or was, based on OpenOffice and has far greater capabilities, but OpenOffice is a pretty good suite for most users.

Taran 17:34 27 Mar 04

You can, if you like, download a trial of StarOffice from click here but it's a large download so you'll need broadband or lots of patience.

Falkyrn 23:24 27 Mar 04

The latest edition of this magazine has some tools you would find useful.

Falkyrn 23:24 27 Mar 04

sorry this was in reply to original question by stoner

stoner 16:41 28 Mar 04

Thanks for all this Guys,
have looked at the HTML-kit from Chami but it looked a bit technical for me ......

PurplePenny 17:19 28 Mar 04

HTML-Kit does look technical at first but if you play around with the basic set up you will find that it is a lot easier to use than it first appears.

Crimson Editor is also free:

click here

Or try a 30 day trial of CuteHTML 2.3:

click here

(There is also a Pro version but 2.3 is a far simpler editor.)

I've assumed that you want just an editor to do some hand coding in. If you want more than that then Falkyrn is right - check out this month's PCA (May 2004, issue 106) as the freebie CD has several web tools on it.

PP

desbest 09:54 31 Mar 04

Go to click here to see tags of html.
It'll answer your questions of tables, frames and stuff and still give you endless html features to place into a web editor like Notepad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…