Free video editing.

Miros 09:45 12 Feb 07

Can anyone recommend a free Video editing program?

I did a search in this forum and I got a minefield of information which was much to much for me to assimilate or evaluate, as I'm a complete novice with this subject.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Technotiger 09:47 12 Feb 07
  bennyhillslovechild 09:49 12 Feb 07

Well, as a basic one, you can use Windows Movie maker, or there's a Open Source Program called Virtul Dub thats well used and recommended, but can be quite technical if you have not used an editing program before.

there's a list of some here, you can have a look see which one takes your fancy.
click here

Miros 10:15 12 Feb 07

Thanks for that link it has a lot on offer, I'm sure that will give me the info I want.

Thanks also Technotiger.

Cheers all.

David4637 15:19 13 Feb 07

WMM will not export the relevant files (*.VOBs etc)for burning to a DVD, therefore without conversion s/w (which is dire to use )its useless. David

Miros 21:39 13 Feb 07

You have lost me here completely, Can you explain, or anybody else for that matter?

bennyhillslovechild 02:04 14 Feb 07

Miros, I believe David4637 is advising against the use of Windows Movie Maker if planning to export the finished videos to DVD as it doesn't convert to the neccessary file format. I'd also advise against the use of it as it is, in technical terms "a bit pants" :)

Miros 06:39 14 Feb 07

Thanks for that info, I like it simple! Miros :-)

David4637 13:50 14 Feb 07

You relayed my thoughts 100%. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009