Free upgrade from NTL but you must ask.

Dr. Charles(retired now) 10:43 21 Apr 05

I don't know if any other members here have discussed this yet, I get my broadband through a set-top box with NTL. It was running at 500 K.

I was told I got a free automatic upgrade to 750 K. a while ago and inquired if there was not also a free upgrade to a faster speed. I was told this was not the case because I got my broadband through a set-top box.

Imagine my surprise yesterday and speaking with a friend who told me that he had upgraded to 2megabytes speed on his broadband with NTL. He was told that you have to request it and yes -- -- -- it is free.

I spoke to NTL yesterday they agreed upgrade me free to 2MB speed -- -- -- they are going to have to install a new set-top box to accommodate this improvement.

I was quite amazed that NTL did not automatically upgrade and you have to go and request it personally. I hope any members here in a similar situation to mine will take advantage of this information
Best,
Charles

bosmere 11:02 21 Apr 05

I was in PC World recently and a customer was returning a Belkin router - apparently it's not compatible with the new NTL set-top box. Don't know how true this is but it's worth considering if you're networked.

Also I think the NTL has a monthly internet traffic cap of 1Gb (which I exceed!).

bosmere 11:04 21 Apr 05

"Also I think the NTL has"

should read "Also I think the NTL 2Mb has"

pj123 11:11 21 Apr 05

I also am on NTL set top box. Got my upgrade two weeks ago (after a phone call).

bosmere if you are on the £24.99 per month then the cap is 1gb per day (30gb) per month, and the £17.99 is actually 3gb per month.

click here

NTL also say they are not activating these caps until later this year and even then they will only penalise you if it is blatant overuse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…