Free universal web cam software

iqs 21:03 06 Jul 08

Hello.

What is the best free universal web cam software available please?.

I have installed my webcam,drivers and software,my friend will buying one soon.She is not very technically minded,so hence some universal software which I can help install/setup over the phone.
Thank you

WIN XP

Technotiger 21:09 06 Jul 08

If you both use click here you will be able to enjoy hours of video chats to each other and to anyone else who has the same program, as many millions do!

Technotiger 21:10 06 Jul 08

PS - It is completely Free.

iqs 21:18 06 Jul 08

Technotiger,

Thanks for the help.We have Skype,but we would like to add the visual side to the conversions,cheers

Technotiger 21:48 06 Jul 08

Of course, that is why I suggested Skype. I just had a great Visual/Video chat with my son in Lanzarote - I am in UK, always great to see him as well as chat.

Technotiger 21:50 06 Jul 08

In Skype go to Tools>Options>Video Settings and you will be able to see your webcam picture.

iqs 15:38 07 Jul 08

Technotiger,

Sorry,I did not know Skype supported webcam,shows how observant I am.Will give it a go when she has the cam,any day soon.
Thank you

Technotiger 16:21 07 Jul 08

Grreat - I use it a lot with my webcam. Cheers.

DieSse 16:23 07 Jul 08

Or you can just use MSN messenger, without even getting into Skype. I use it fairly requently with no problems.

Skype, I've never got on with - and wouldn't want it using my bandwidth for other peoples calls anyway

Technotiger 16:25 07 Jul 08

PS - when using your webcam in Skype, both users should click on Start Video, you will both then have the option to see each other in a small picture within the main Skype window, or in a separate window which you can re-size if you wish, or in Full Screen view!

Technotiger 16:28 07 Jul 08

Hi, you surprise me muchly ... I, and all my friends, think Skype is the best thing since sliced bread, I use it almost daily ... LoL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…