Free trial of Nod32

bristolgirl 13:52 27 Sep 07

Please help!
I have downloaded a free trial version of Nod32 and can see it running as one of my icons and it loads when I start up my laptop.

However, how do I run it to check for viruses?

Thanks!

denali 14:03 27 Sep 07

bristolgirl
Right click on the tray icon. In the right hand pane click on NOD32 and you can scan whatever you wish!

denali 14:04 27 Sep 07

bristolgirl
Sorry. That should read Left hand pane.

rawprawn 16:23 27 Sep 07

denali is right, I believe that NOD32 is the best there is but I think the interface could be friendlier.

bretsky 16:38 27 Sep 07

Click on the NOD32 icon and when the program opens look threat protection modules in the left hand pane(top)click on NOD32 and the On-demand scanner window will appear and you need to do an indepth analysis

bretsky 16:43 27 Sep 07

Hit the wrong button again...doh!!
to continue....

you need to do an in depth analysis as this is the first time you have run this progam on your lap top, have to say this a/v is not for the faint hearted lots and lots of setting but if you do go with the full version default settings should be adequate.

Sorry for the break in postings.

bretsky ;0)

bristolgirl 18:37 27 Sep 07

Oh no...I am faint hearted! Maybe I should think about a different AV.

I did have Norton from google pack but it wouldn't download the updates.

Thanks for your help again!

powerless 18:39 27 Sep 07

Coming in V3...

bretsky 22:54 27 Sep 07

The best A/V IMHO, I have had this A/V for over 2 years now, never do scans as the program will flag up anything amiss with your system, viruses worms malware etc etc. It gives you 2/3 and sometimes 4 virus signature updates a day, yes a day! and I surf all over the place.

But if you really want to get close & personal with NOD then click here
and this will go through every detail & setting on each module of the program....again not for the faint hearted...lol..

bretsky ;0)

rawprawn 09:32 28 Sep 07

Do you know when that might be?

brundle 09:37 28 Sep 07

the beta of V3 is available on FileHippo but no news on the Eset site , at least not that I could see

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017