Free trial of MS Office.

Jove45 18:16 18 Dec 09

My new HP laptop came with a free trial of MS Office, which I have now installed.
I now want to install an older version of MS Office (with which I am more familiar) but I can't do that whilst the latest trial version is in place.
If I uninstall the recent version, is it possible to reinstall it again if I ultimately decide against the older version?
I would have liked HP to have helped with this query but their on-line help is quite beyond my comprehension!

GaT7 18:34 18 Dec 09

Like with your Win7-XP query (click here), I'm unaware of what you received with your laptop in terms of software disks, so perhaps the best possible place to ask is the HP forums click here. G

GaT7 18:41 18 Dec 09

The 2nd link again click here. G

GaT7 18:42 18 Dec 09

Sorry, please ignore my 2nd post above. G

Sea Urchin 18:48 18 Dec 09

The free trial of MS Office is presumably for 30 days - and would not of course have included a disk. If you uninstall it then you will not be able to recover it later.

Sea Urchin 18:51 18 Dec 09

By the way - on a recent new system I had a 30 day trial for Office 2007 but I was also able to install 2003 and the two worked happily without conflict. After a month the trial ended and I removed the 2007 software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…