free telephony

johnnyrocker 08:20 29 Mar 04

there is a newish product by which if you download it and friends have it on board you can make free calls to each other via pc, works with b/band also, worth a look.should be very handy for dial up users.
click here

cheers.

johnny.

Gongoozler 08:25 29 Mar 04

Hi johnnyrocker. It looks good, but I noticed the line:

"Skype, created by the people who brought you KaZaA"

Does that mean it comes loaded with spyware?

JayDay 08:28 29 Mar 04

ive seen articles about this program before in this forum. The general view semed to be that it was packed with syware.

JayDay 08:31 29 Mar 04

Go here to see the previous article click here

johnnyrocker 08:58 29 Mar 04

i ran several checks with spy bot adaware and swat it before using it and it came up clean and continues to do so.

johnny.

denchris 12:17 29 Mar 04

What advantage over messenger ? which I use a lot, voice and webcam ?

MidgetMan 13:55 29 Mar 04

I can confirm that there is no spware loaded with it, my daughter has now been using it for a few weeks with no porbs. Also saves on the phone bill!!

johnnyrocker 14:11 29 Mar 04

webcam not available as yet but no doubt it will come, another good one which does use webcam is eyeball but personally i use msn messenger for it's video quality but yahoo for cam and sound.not tried msn and skype yet but it was ok yesterday with yahoo

johnny.

porridge 14:28 29 Mar 04

Experience with Skype hardly encouraging. I have found a better program at click here called firefly. Works like a charm (been using if for two months now) no advertising.
If there are difficulties finding the download at virbiage try google and firefly.

Enjoy it.

Porridge.

porridge 14:28 29 Mar 04

Experience with Skype hardly encouraging. I have found a better program at click here called firefly. Works like a charm (been using if for two months now) no advertising.
If there are difficulties finding the download at virbiage try google and firefly.

Enjoy it.

Porridge.

obbit 14:49 29 Mar 04

i have been using Skype for a few weeks. i did find some spyware in the download, but have got rid of it ok with ad-aware and spybot.

i use it together with msn messenger which you can use a web cam with.

Skype gets my approval, for what it's worth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…