Free spyware remover

novis 18:04 03 Apr 09

Can anyone recommend a FREE spyware scanner - I've had problems with Adaware and Adwatch and would like something that does a thorough scan and removal. I downloaded Stopzilla - only to discover when it has found 64 errors that I'd have to pay to haver them removed.

A programme similar to Advanced WindowsCare would also be appreciated. For some reason it wont download updates.

I run MS Vista on a laptop.

Thanks.

RobCharles1981 18:20 03 Apr 09

Come on now is it not that simple to use the "search forum" at the top of the page or are you to lazy for doing so??

birdface 18:40 03 Apr 09

Best two freebies are Malwarebytes and Superantispyware in that order.

novis 18:40 03 Apr 09

Apologies if you were offended by request for others' recommendations. As a novice I wouldn't know one product from another unless I'd trialled them. My mistake with Stopzilla was the result of me downloading a product on my own initiative. Hopefully others will be more sympathetic.

birdface 18:41 03 Apr 09

What anti-virus and firewall do you use.

Clapton is God 19:10 03 Apr 09

Try this as an active malware blocker click here and this as a scanner (note that it's not an active scanner) click here

Belatucadrus 19:26 03 Apr 09

click here
Gives real time protection as well as on demand scan.

mfletch 19:31 03 Apr 09

Same as buteman MBAM and SAS but I will add DrWeb CurIt

Just download and run no updates needed click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…