free space on hdd

eccomputers 22:59 22 Feb 03

I have a 20gig main system drive and a 30gig
secondary drive. I have the page file on the secondary drive to speed up XP but I was shocked today when I checked my free space. I have only 4gig left out of 20. I have deleted all the temp internet files and checked each folder for abnormally sized files but I cant find any. Is there a way to say search for all files over a given size so a list can be presented to me?

many thanks

explicitlyrics100 23:04 22 Feb 03

go into search from the start menu - then click on all files, type *.* in the filename box then scroll down that window till you see file size. The you can click specify a size - set it to at least and fill in the minimum file size. It will then generate a list of all files over that size. Chris

beeuuem 23:08 22 Feb 03

This will give you an idea of where all the space is used
click here
This gives more detailed info on your system
click here

eccomputers 23:37 22 Feb 03

great, thank u for your support again.

eccomputers 23:48 22 Feb 03

wow, I downloaded treesize and it showed a red mark against norton antivirus. There was 8gig in quarantine. I installed a customers hard drive into my pc to scan and remove the nimba virus and thats where it all came from.
I will know where to look in future :)

Many thanks

explicitlyrics100 01:25 23 Feb 03

just so other people know the problem is sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…