free software to create dvd menus?

theDarkness 10:30 28 Apr 08

I am after software that i can create a simple menu with, being able to add avi or vob to the final menu so that it can finally create an image to burn which will run on a standard dvd player. I am not after software that will burn, only create a simple menu. I am not sure if seperate software might be necessary to link the video or vob to the menu so that it will work. I do not have nero which i have heard can create menus so i am after a freeware solution if there is any good software out there for the job? Thanks

Belatucadrus 10:45 28 Apr 08

click here

or

click here

May be worth a look.

theDarkness 15:49 28 Apr 08

I will have a look but still looking for freeware as im sure there will be something out there that can help me create simple menus. I have dvdflick which is a great tool for converting avi to dvd movie format, and playing many in order on one disc, but its major flaw seems to be that it simply doesnt let you create even a simple text menu to choose what you want. If anyone knows of software that can do what flick does but with the menu option that would be great. I dont think i can use anything in conjunction with dvd flick although i may be wrong, but it is freeware

theDarkness 15:51 28 Apr 08

I will have a look but still looking for freeware as im sure there will be something out there that can help me create simple menus. I have dvdflick which is a great tool for converting avi to dvd movie format, and playing many in order on one disc, but its major flaw seems to be that it simply doesnt let you create even a simple text menu to choose what you want. If anyone knows of software that can do what flick does but with the menu option that would be great. I dont think i can use anything in conjunction with dvd flick although i may be wrong, but it is freeware. Dvd lab pro or studio supposedly does the job but it is not free and does not work on some xp or vista machines, it keeps asking for mpgenclib.dll which is missing?

theDarkness 02:15 09 May 08

found a free program called dvd author which is free and lets you make your own menus. thanks anyway though :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…