free sms text program to use for kids on xp

chrisjohn 21:51 14 Apr 08

i am looking for a free program for the kids so they can send free sms text to mobiles from their laptop using xp

rossgolf 21:55 14 Apr 08

try skype or send off there service providrs site

theDarkness 22:18 14 Apr 08

i looked for such a thing before and i could find many sites claiming free text messaging-tried a couple to test, and they would send the message for free- but.. the recipient would receive a message saying they would have to pay to read it! a ridiculous con-many were asking for around £10 just to read it. If you use a free site try texting from it to your own phone to make sure it will work ok! I think some as well as the overcharging for viewing a free message may also start sending you junk adverts to your phone also though :(

rossgolf 22:50 14 Apr 08

try this
click here

it gives you 217 texts and 47 mins free a month. ti works this by sending you adverts everyday...no more than 6 but they are relevant to you. just delete them and carry on using your minutes

brundle 22:52 14 Apr 08

Not sure if this works or not, it's been in my bookmarks for months since a previous post on the subject; click here

johnnyrocker 23:02 14 Apr 08

not sure if they still do it free but in my case they do as it was signed up ages ago and that is the 02 website which allows ten a month

johnny.

numskull 09:11 15 Apr 08

O2 still allow 10 a month but recipients don't know who has sent the text unless you add your name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant