free sky tv on the internet

reading 16:54 26 Sep 05

watch sky on your media player for a one off payment off 7.95 is this a scam or not

Stuartli 17:00 26 Sep 05

It is possible - and I'm perfectly aware how it's done - but it still robs Sky of revenue that rightly belongs to it.

csqwared 17:01 26 Sep 05

double post? click here

De Marcus™ 17:02 26 Sep 05

Try to stick to one thread, and yes it is a scam.

Starfox 17:17 26 Sep 05

Nor is it illegal.What you get is a list of websites showing sports,most of these channels are in Cineses or Arabic so you won't understand the commentary and only a small minority are sky channels but watching them on foriegn streamed video sites makes for pretty grim watching.

Starfox 17:18 26 Sep 05

Or even Chinese!

Stuartli 18:29 26 Sep 05

click here

Starfox

As I stated earlier there is a method which makes it possible and it's not a scam - but it does rob Sky of its genuine revenue.

I've been aware of it for some time as my best mate runs an independent audio/visual/appliance outlet and has described how some people were/are bypassing traditional digital viewing from information gleaned from the Internet.

De Marcus™ 18:33 26 Sep 05

Not strictly a scam? maybe not, but a complete waste of ?7.95...

Stuartli 19:00 26 Sep 05

I completely agree with you...:-)

mco 19:00 26 Sep 05

but all these foreign sports channels you can watch them on digital satellite telly anyway with a free to air receiver -you only need to pay sky if you want sky channels (and they tend to tune out most of the foreign ones anyway) We get our sports (and other stuff) from there and get a proper tv picture rather than fuzzy internet. (and that's not robbing sky of any revenue)

Stuartli 19:02 26 Sep 05

>>rather than fuzzy internet. (and that's not robbing sky of any revenue)>>

You've just indicated that you haven't a clue about the particular method I'm talking about - and which I've no intention of revealing for obvious reasons.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…