Free Security Suite

birdface 16:10 22 Nov 10

click here

Not sure how good it is.

birdface 16:17 22 Nov 10

Another WinPatrol update available again for those that use it.
Beginning to loose count of all the updates lately for Winpatrol.

cocteau48 16:29 22 Nov 10

I think the latest Winpatrol update is only relevant to 64 bit users.

The Outpost link looks interesting. Was their firewall not highly rated in the past?

northumbria61 16:42 22 Nov 10

cocteau48 - "Was their firewall not highly rated in the past?" It certainly was - click here

rawprawn 16:42 22 Nov 10

Thanks for the heads up on Win Patrol, but cocteau48 is correct it only really affcts 64 bit users so I haven't bothered with this one.
Outpost used to be highly recommended, for anybody looking for a free security suite it should be worth a try.

cocteau48 16:57 22 Nov 10

I see that the free security suite does not get the multiple daily updates of the Pro version - which is fair enough - but I am not sure whether the updates which it does get are automatic or have to be applied manually.

Belatucadrus 17:57 22 Nov 10

"Agnitum is the first security vendor to deliver a fully functional free version of an Internet security suite for Windows users."

Comodo could probably dispute that, still always nice to add a new player to the list especially one happy to submit the product for evaluation to VB and others.

birdface 00:21 23 Nov 10

They give you the firewall with the free security suite but I don't think that you can just download the firewall which I find strange.
You can download the pro version of the firewall for a one of payment that does for life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…