Free Screensaver advice?

hiwatt 18:30 PM 08 Mar 13

Hi folks. The girlfriend has decided she would like a new screensaver of swimming fish/fish tank.Does anyone know if there is a safe free site that might have something like that?Thanks folks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 PM 08 Mar 13

http://newfreescreensavers.com/new-free-screensavers/downloads/fish-screensavers

Whenever you install anything from free sites make sure you untick all the addons and crapware that may come packaged with it.

hiwatt 19:24 PM 08 Mar 13

Thank you Fruit Bat.I'll try them out for her.

spuds 21:33 PM 08 Mar 13

hiwatt- make sure you take Fruit Bat's advice. Some 'free' screensavers can bring problems that are hard to remove.

hiwatt 21:40 PM 08 Mar 13

I don't think I'll install anything from that site.I downloaded one of the screensavers and scanned the .exe file with avast and it found no threat but I was doing an online scan with Eset and when it finished it informed me that the screensaver .exe file was infected.Luckily I hadn't installed it yet.Thanks folks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites