free removal of antivirus xp 2008

mpez 13:23 09 Sep 08

Hi

my son has the dreaded virus on his laptop, can anyone recommend a free removal of the virus, i downloaded spyhunter thinking it was free , did a scan to be told that you would have to purchase it to have the infected files remove. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Marko797 13:25 09 Sep 08

try malwarebytes anti malware from their own site, plus super anti spyware. Just google them.

jimv7 13:45 09 Sep 08

malwarebytes click here

mpez 14:24 09 Sep 08

thanks for responding so quick, i have tried to go on these sites but it wont let me, i can get on to google homepage but restricts me to go on other sites, it redirects me to go.google and then its a pain to end it.He has avast anitvirus installed and have run that once, it has found a few things, so im running it again, probably wont do much else, ive also tried th task manager to end a few programs but to no avail. ive been on system restore and tried to go back to another date but that wont let me it just says restore to a different time but no date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:29 09 Sep 08

As antivirus xp 2008 tends to disable your USB ports you need to download Malawarebytes onto a CD. Put the CD in the infected computer and run the prog. You will need to clean in safe mode as well. You should also download onto the CD Spyware Terminator from click here and run it in normal and safe mode.

G

mpez 14:37 09 Sep 08

thanks GANDALF <|:-)> , avast found some other infections and ive deleted them, i will try your method later, got to go to work now, any other suggestions are welcome.

mpez

mpez 21:58 09 Sep 08

thanks for helping me, it has took me along time to get rid of this horrid virus, so far looking ok. Downloaded malwarebytes, brilliant program, also spybot S&D, once again thanks until next time.

mpez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…