Free RealOnePlayer-does anybody know if???????

Happy1 19:42 27 May 03

the Free RealOnePlayer installs Spyware on your pc or not? Somebody told me today that it did and you have to be careful. I downloaded it last night as I wanted to listen to missed programme on BBCi site. Works fine. I have also got some free offers in box on desktop (not opened yet) Not sure what they are. Any advice would be appreciated.

hugh-265156 19:55 27 May 03

not anymore than any other software.dont worry about it.

to stop recieving offers and so on type msconfig into run and under start ups untick realsched.and restart

then open real player and select tools/perferences/internet settings and the only box you want ticked is enable cookies from the top selection if you dont select this it might not work well with some sites.you will have regestered so you postcode and region will be also needed.

on the left click automatic services and untick all.click auto update and untick the auto download box and ok.

now click tools/check for update and install anything you want.get the security update if listed here.

its all quite safe.

install spybot and run weekly if your worried about your privicy and delete anything it finds.click here

Granger 20:03 27 May 03

I hate RealPlayer, its like AOL, it tries to take over and makes a mess. I won't have it on my system again.

jazzypop 20:25 27 May 03

A good alternative to Real Player (in fact, the only one I know of that handles Real files) is Jet Audio - click here

Absolutely no 'spyware', or endless junk to clutter your PC - and it certainly works well with BBC output.

Happy1 21:23 27 May 03

I will take everybodys advice on board and do as you say. Many thanks again :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…