Free prog to remove antivirus 8

lightfeet 00:59 16 Jan 11

Hi
Does anyone know of a free program to uninstall Antivirus 8 Malware which has installed itself on my computer? The manual method looks quite hairy & there is no guarantee that it will work!

birdface 01:17 16 Jan 11

Follow the directions on this.

click here

lightfeet 08:25 16 Jan 11

Thanks for your quick response. I have downloaded the program you suggested & will run it this evening when I return home. Will then post the results.

birdface 11:43 16 Jan 11

Further instructions on how to use the Click here from Sea Urchin.

Use this link to remove Security Tool - don't use the downloads at the top of the page, but scroll down to the heading:

"Automated Removal Instructions for System Tool using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

and follow the instructions very carefully. If you already have Malwarebytes you will need to download and install it again as per the instructions, as it's likely to have been compromised by the virus.

I hope the further instructions may help you sort out the problem if not already fixed.

Sea Urchin 22:13 16 Jan 11

..... for System Tool substitute AntiVirus 8

As said above don't download StopZilla AntiSpyware from the ad at the top, but work your way down the page - you don't need to pay anything to resolve this issue

lightfeet 23:07 16 Jan 11

I haven't run Malwarebytes but did a System Restore instead which appears to have done the trick. I've been on my computer for the past 3 hours with no disturbance from AV8, so hopefully, it wont return. If it does I've now got all the information to deal with it. Many thanks for all your help. I will tick as resolved.

Sea Urchin 23:09 16 Jan 11

A system restore will not fully remove this type of rogue program - I strongly recommend that you still run Malwarebytes (updated) and delete what it finds.

Sea Urchin 23:50 16 Jan 11
  rdave13 23:56 16 Jan 11

I agree to an extent. This is malware and not a virus so possibly it's been removed.

Sea Urchin 09:30 17 Jan 11

Never hurts to run Malwarebytes - these rogue applications are becoming far more sophisticated than they used to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…