Free POP3 email that can be used with Outlook?

Neill 09:44 25 Mar 05

Due to problems with BT Internet and Outlook (that I posted yesterday afternoon) I wondered whether the way round this is to find a free POP3 and SMTP email that can be configured to use with Outlook (not Outlook Express). The Broadband connection at this neighbours is provided by his partners company so we don't want to then pay BT for it's btinternet email account (if that makes sense)Thanks

Yoda Knight 09:59 25 Mar 05

Have a look at gmail from Google - I dont know anything about it personally...

click here

Yoda Knight 10:00 25 Mar 05

Sounds like what u need....

Cost: Free
Storage: 1,000 megabytes
Languages: Only available in English during this testing period, but can be used to send and read emails in most languages
Access: Free automatic forwarding and POP3 access
JavaScript and cookies must be enabled on all browsers

EdFrench 10:04 25 Mar 05

I don't see the problem here. Unless you are using a full 'Portal' which is installed from an ISP disk using propriatary apps.
Why not just create a manual network connection and configure all of your apps (Email and browser) manually?

keithlik 10:05 25 Mar 05

Virgin have a FEE free e-mail - you just pay the local call rate. Just enter "Virgin e-mail" in your browser and have a look.

Neill 11:49 25 Mar 05

Thanks to all. Gmail seems by invite only at the moment. The home set up is a little strange and I need to go round and explore it in a bit more detail. I like the principle behind your idea EdFrench. Any more detail you can add to set me in the right direction? Cheers

Yoda Knight 12:05 25 Mar 05

whats the link to your post from yesterday ? some background on this would be usefull

Neill 12:30 25 Mar 05

Thread was yesterday and was headed "BT Internet and Outlook" and I last posted at 22.17 last night. when I was tired after a long day trying to install software on a pc that was delivered minus virtually everything inc Windows XP. Not a good day.

VoG II 12:32 25 Mar 05

Previous thread click here

ethelene 14:19 25 Mar 05

I have gmail invites if anyone wants them.

dfghjkl 14:33 25 Mar 05

i also have invites if anyone wants one,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…