Free Pop3 email anywhere?

brewersfan 00:26 27 Dec 03

Are there any free pop3 email providers around? I have an account with btopenworld, but can't download into OE. I also have lineone and virgin, but though I can download, I can't use their servers to send messages (via OE) because I don't subscribe to them as an ISP. Any ideas please?

johnnyrocker 00:40 27 Dec 03

click here enter your e mail addy and password and you can manage them all through there.

DAG88 01:54 27 Dec 03

i dont fully understand POP3 etc. but isnt MSN Hotmail 1?

click here

Gaz 25 02:24 27 Dec 03

click here - mail 2 web .com does the same as johnnyrocker's.

night flyer 06:47 27 Dec 03

click here it's very good and 15mb of freespace

mcullum_DX4Life 08:44 27 Dec 03

Hotmail used to be a POP3 service but unfortunatly it is now webmail based only :(

I think this has more to do with the fact Microsoft charge for extra webmail storage now rather then they could not provide enough servers hehe.

Patr100 17:23 27 Dec 03

As far as I can remember and we are going back a few years before Microsoft took it over - Hotmail was never POP3 but web based and after MS had it became (and still is accessable) from Outlook(Express) under a HTTP protocol (like YahooMail)

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:26 27 Dec 03

I use hotmail ro reply to all my messages from 6 accounts,just select hotmail as your default and when you reply or send it uses it, works for me.

silliw 17:43 27 Dec 03

dont understand why you cant you use lineone, tiscali etc for your mailbox. It doesnt matter if you dont use that provider as your ISP you can still setup e-mail accounts with them. I am a blueyonder user but have mailboxes with freeserve and Tiscali to collect and receive mail

Djohn 17:56 27 Dec 03

Freeuk is also a good free ISP to use and works with IE for sending/receiving. You sign up with them and get a username/Password then you can connect from any phone in the country, you just pay for the cost of a local call. click here

Mike ® 20:06 27 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…