Free Pop up Blockers

Large JD 21:53 29 Jun 06

Can anyone recommend where i can obtain good "FREE" pop-up blockers?
Many Thanks in Advance
JD

Jackcoms 21:55 29 Jun 06

If you are using XP SP2, use that one

woodchip 22:01 29 Jun 06

IE contains one as does other Browsers, Some better than others. I use Netscape 7.2 and set to stop all I just get an odd one. maybe about one a month. click here

Large JD 22:03 29 Jun 06

Thanks for the fast reply Jackcoms..

This is for 2 different pc's

I'm running XP Pro, but without SP2

I have not installed SP2 on my desktop, because of the potential problems that i have read about when installing SP2 on pc's running Nortons.

The other pc is running ME

JD

VoG II 22:08 29 Jun 06

Google toobar click here

Jackcoms 22:09 29 Jun 06

"I have not installed SP2 on my desktop, because of the potential problems that i have read about when installing SP2 on pc's running Nortons."
And what would they be?

I installed SP2 when it was first released almost 2 years ago. At that time I was using Norton AV.

I never had any problems with SP2. Undertake some basic (but thorough) PC housekeeping and then install it.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear or read.

And, to be honest, I'm utterly amazed that there are still people around who are 'afraid' of SP2!! It's been with us for nearly 2 years.

Large JD 22:20 29 Jun 06

I have no doubt that you correct about SP2 and Nortons Jackcoms.

However when my pc is running sweet as a nut, i'm slightly reluctant to intall anything that may cause a problem.

Been down that road far to many times.

Thank you all for the quick response, will probably go down the Google route.

Cheers

LargeJD

Joe R 22:23 29 Jun 06

Large JD,

if you can run firefox, it has an excellent pop-up blocker, (adblock)which is installed as an add-on.

DieSse 22:24 29 Jun 06

Google Toolbar endorsement here too - not only does it stop the bulk of pop-ups, in it's own right it's a tool I wouldn't want to be without.

Input Overload 22:55 29 Jun 06

I have used click here on IE for some time without any problems.

johnnyrocker 23:14 29 Jun 06

click here used it for years safe as houses.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…