Free picture merging software

phil.smith 10:30 13 Apr 05

Morning all

Does anyone know of a free piece of software which will enable me to merge two pictures together to form one long picture i.e. I took two photos of a large scene and want to put them together to make one large scene?

Thanks

Phil

Yoda Knight 10:52 13 Apr 05

Cant you do that with MS Paint ?

Open the 1st pic, copy it. Open the 2nd pic, paste next to it.
Or create a new blank pic equal to the size of the two together and then paste both into the new one.

phil.smith 10:55 13 Apr 05

Thanks Yoda Knight

What about if I want to overlap the two photos to get continuity?

Phil

Yoda Knight 10:58 13 Apr 05

dunno what other FREE software to advise, although you might get a trial version of something you could use. Try Paintshop Pro from JASC or Corel Draw

Technotiger 11:00 13 Apr 05

Hi, have not used it myself, but have seen lots of good reports on here - might do what you want.

Free Download
Organize, find, edit, print & share Try Picasa - Free from Google
click here

Cheers.

Technotiger 11:01 13 Apr 05

ps - I have PhotoSuite (not free) which does do what you want and much more.

pj123 11:09 13 Apr 05

Not free but I use Ulead Cool 360. Makes panoramic photo's easy. Has auto stitching (up to a point) but very easy to use. You can dowload it from click here

or try the 15 day free trial.

ventanas 11:22 13 Apr 05

What you are asking is beyond the scope of most image editors without a lot of work, because hues are certain to differ in the adjoining photos. Software that does the job properly without any hassle is very expensive. I use this one click here

You can do it PSP using the method suggested by Yoda Knight, but, as I said, you will have a lot to do to make the resulting image look natural.

Technotiger 11:29 13 Apr 05

PhotoSuite does it very easily - I have merged five photos seamlessly to create one panorama.

And I am no expert. Cheers.

ventanas 11:45 13 Apr 05

I can't comment on Photosuite because I've never used it, but to be honest even Photoshop requires that a lot of editing be done when merging is attempted. Of course it can be done, its just that Stitcher does it much more easily.

Demora 11:50 13 Apr 05

Casio camera owners have panoramic software on the cd with there cameras. I may have a cd knocking around somwwhere

The only thing on there website is an upgrade.

Can't comment on the programme never had to use it and gone over to Fuji now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…