Free photo program wanted for passport photos

golfpro 09:10 23 Aug 10

I am looking for a program free to download to produce European pass port/Id card sized photos taken on my digital camera, and then upload onto an SD card for printing. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Kevscar1 09:48 23 Aug 10

I just use my normal photo program. Make page size for passport photo and shrink picture to fit.

Andsome 09:49 23 Aug 10

Ditto

MAJ 09:59 23 Aug 10

Irfanview: click here
Paint.net: click here
Gimp: click here

and of course there's always 'Paint' in Windows, you already have that installed if you use a Windows Operating System.

johndrew 09:59 23 Aug 10

Most professional photographers charge around £5 for a set of photos which they guarantee will be accepted for passports. However if you can't get to one try your normal photo software or download Gimp click here which is free.

iscanut 10:01 23 Aug 10

As already said, you already have the photo on your SD card so just download, scale down to size and quality required with any of these programs and print !

onthelimit 10:15 23 Aug 10

Make sure you follow the quite stringent requirements click here

peugeot man 10:15 23 Aug 10

The rules on passport photographs are quite specific. The background, facial area, exposure etc.

I did make my own using the software supplied with my camera, but I wouldn't bother again as it was time consuming to get it just right, then the anxious wait to see if the pictures would be accepted.

My local pharmacy charge £3.50 for a set. that's where I'll go next time, quicker, easier and cheap plus guaranteed acceptance.

awest3 10:19 23 Aug 10

I usewd this program..free and prints were accepted by passport office..click here

iscanut 10:23 23 Aug 10

Any use ? click here

anchor 09:22 25 Aug 10

I endorse the recommendation made by awest3.

Follow the directions carefully, and you will get a 6x4 sheet of approved pictures.

To ensure acceptance of the pictures, I ordered a professional print of the sheet from Jessops, and collected it from my local shop; cost 25p. No problems.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5