free partition software ?

spike22 18:37 24 Aug 04

Have read some threads re partitioning and have been convinced that it would be useful to do so.
Is there any recommended free software that is easy for a novice to use ?
Do I back up onto cd ? Which are best ?.
Thanks in advance
spike

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:39 24 Aug 04

There is no need or purpose in partitioning a modern computer but backing up is essential...I assume from ' Do I back up onto cd '...that you mena backups. An external HD is best for back ups but a CDRW will do just fien.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:40 24 Aug 04

There is no need or purpose in partitioning a modern computer but backing up is essential...I assume from ' Do I back up onto cd '...that you mean backups. An external HD is best for back ups but a CDRW will do just fine.

G

spike22 18:56 24 Aug 04

G - Many thanks for the advice - I am of the opinion you are a well respected wizard in these matters !! - any comment re free software should i still wish to partition ?

pj123 18:59 24 Aug 04

Ranish is good free partitioning software from click here

spike22 19:05 24 Aug 04

Many thanks to you both - will post as resolved and have a look at ranish.
Regards

Spike

MIke 19:08 24 Aug 04

I have to disagree with Gandalf I'm afraid. I have my hard drive partitioned, to separate my operating system and programs from my data.

This enables me to make an image every three months or so of my op system and programs using Drive Image.

Daily backups are then made of my data using the free version of click here

Should my system go to pot after installing some software all I have to do is use the drive image backup to get my operating system/programs to state they were working in. My data being on a different partition is unaffected. Also DI needs a separate partion or separate drive to which to write its image.

As for free partitioning software I can't recommend any as I use Partition Magic which is simple to use but costs money I'm afraoid.

Try this site though click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…