free Panda cloud antivirus

pookie 18:31 06 Dec 10

Hi

Windows xp sp3. PC tools free firewall, malwarebytes and spywareblaster.

Was using free Avast as antivirus but saw review on the free Panda antivirus. I have installed it but seems overaly simple ie no real settings and go can't set for hourly updates etc. What do you think of it? In fact I can't tell if it is set to update itself.

Many thanks

P

Halmer 18:40 06 Dec 10

and it seems to be working fine.

There is no manual update; everything is done automatically so novice pc users can install and forget.

You get a little green tick that tells you everything is hunky dory.

Halmer 18:42 06 Dec 10

on all my PCs and it has never let me down once. Used AVG for years before that and it was breached 3 times in 10 years or so. Not bad but not as good as Comodo imho.

Belatucadrus 19:33 06 Dec 10

As a cloud program it doesn't update as such, the main database of signature files is kept on the web. It does however create a backup copy for off line protection after each scan that's made with a live cloud connection.
It does get some ery good review, but you're right, it's really barebones stuff.
If you really want to go with cloud based solution but want a few more bells and whistles check out Kingsoft click here it's quite new but has been submitted to AV comparatives and VirusBulletin with pretty good results.

pookie 22:27 06 Dec 10

Many thanks for the replies and comments. I'll stick with Panda Cloud for a while to see how I get on with it.I used to use Comodo but slowed system down - maybe newer version won't. I may give it a go in the future.

P

pookie 12:27 08 Dec 10

As an update I have to say I'm not keen on the Cloud antivirus. It's just too simple. Whilst that may be an advantage for some I just don't like it. You can't manually update it, scans taken alot shorter time than with Avast on my pc (ie is it fully scanning everything) etc.

I'll give Comodo a go.

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…