free or cheap dvd burning software?

dfghjkl 17:21 26 Aug 06

hi i can no longer use nero as it gives me problems can anyone recomend a free or cheap alternative to nero,s vision express,i need to burn videos etc and i also need the software to back up,windows cant do this yet can it?thanks,peter

Stuartli 17:28 26 Aug 06

If you have XP then you can do backups - however, if you have XP Home, it is not installed by default.

Open your XP CD-ROM (right click the drive in My Computer>click Browse>look for \valueadd\msft\ntbackup

Install the file NTBACKUP.MSI by double clicking on it.

The wizard can be found from Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Backup.

What type of problems do you have with Nero?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 26 Aug 06

Burn4 free click here
Deepburner click here

GroupFC 18:11 26 Aug 06

dfghjkl said "i need to burn videos " I am not sure if either of the free versions of these programs can do this - have you used either for burning videos?

pj123 18:12 26 Aug 06

What version of Nero have you got?

You can get Nero 6 Suite 3 for £5.49 plus postage from: click here

Once installed you can update it to the latest version (6.6.1.4) for free from: click here

You would need to download Package 1 and Package 2 at least. NOTE: Make sure to take the tick out of the Yahoo Toolbar before downloading.

dfghjkl 18:40 26 Aug 06

hi,i am not going to install any nero at the moment,i need to burn avi files,i have tried the two mentioned above ut cant do avi,thanks.

rdave13 18:45 26 Aug 06

Try the 30 day free trial of click here At the end of the trial you may get a better offer.

johndere 18:46 26 Aug 06

burn4free the best!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac