free online firewall !!??!!

woofwoofbark 09:21 06 Nov 04

Can anyone list how many there are and which ones are effective to use permanently puh-leez !!

I know of a few that I can buy ie Nortons/Zone Alarm/Mcafee ect ect .... but are there any free online anywhere that will do the job ?

cheers

geo

scrooge .. me ?? never :p

im using Sygate everything is fine but I keep getting popups constantly even when I tick the 'dont show this window again' they just keep coming and coming and coming .....

do many of you guys use the free online firewalls ?

D G 09:25 06 Nov 04

There's actually a free version of zone alarm. I use sygate I don't have any problems with pop ups ect. DG

D G 09:27 06 Nov 04

Here's the address for zone alarm
click here

woofwoofbark 09:28 06 Nov 04

Hi .... I keep getting a popup through my sygate ... im using the Sygate free edition and im on winXP ....

---------------------------------------------
An application named NT Kernel & system (file name ntoskrnl.exe) has been blocked from accessing the network.
---------------------------------------------

i have ticked the box 'dont show this window again' but it keeps reappearing every few mins ... does anyone know what the NT Kernel & system , ntoskrnl.exe is and is it needed to run the comp ?

britto 10:14 06 Nov 04

If they are the blue box pop ups from sygate, right click the tray icon and select options then ok on the general tab third down tick hide notification messages.

woofwoofbark 10:29 06 Nov 04

Cheers britto that has done the trick , it was getting pretty frustrating listening to the ping of the popup every few mins

Job done , much appreciated

geo

D G 11:03 06 Nov 04

George_g
Sorry should have thought about that option.
but at least someone's thinking straight, ie:britto.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…