FREE OCR PROG

MAD_MIKE 22:11 20 Jun 05

high there folks.
does anybody know of a free ocr programe.i run xp sp2, epson scanner with twain. ihave word as one of the options but when opening it all i get is a page of uter gobblygook, ithought i should be able to edit and alter text on pages put into ocr . have i missed something again?

Here is a free OCR program you can try click here

Hope it helps.

DieSse 22:41 20 Jun 05

Make sure you've put the page of text in the correct way up - otherwise you will get gobbldygook from the OCR.

The OCR supplied free with the scanner should be as good as anything else you will get free.

lightfeet 22:46 20 Jun 05

You haven't said what OCR prog. you're using. I use ABBYY FineReader 5 Sprint which came with my Epson scanner. It works fine, is very accurate & I am able to edit & alter text once it has been put into Word, exactly as if I had typed it myself.

lightfeet 22:52 20 Jun 05

Ref DieSse's comment about placing original in scanner correct way up. With ABBYY it doesn't matter which way you put the page in, it automatically copies the page correct way up & reads it just fine.

skeletal 11:54 21 Jun 05

Try August Personal Computer World, it's just out; it has Read Iris Pro 7 on the cover disc. I've not tried it, but it is a "known" OCR program.

Sorry for advertising a rival mag!!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…