Free Music programs for listening from an ipod

sheila.weston 01 Aug 11
Answered

I was hoping that I could get onto the spotify website from my new ipod, to listen to free music online, as I can do from my laptop. Alas it seems to want me to download an app or program which will cost me something. The free option doesn't appear to be available.

Is there an alternative program that I could use?

I have bought the ipod chiefly for borrowing audiobooks from the local library, but am exploring the other capabilities.

Any help much appreciated.

northumbria61 01 Aug 11

Is this any good for your needs ? link text

Woolwell 01 Aug 11

Search through itunes. Is it the ipod touch? - if so see Spotify

sheila.weston 01 Aug 11
Answer

I don't think that winamp is what I want. But I am completely out of my depth here.

Yes, Woolwell, I have spent some time going through the various help files on spotify, but when I eventually found the download page for the app it had just the TWO options which were both PAID, which implies that the free version is for the pc only.

Woolwell 01 Aug 11

According to my itunes store it is a free app. If you open my link and click on view in itunes then it should be ok. It should then transfer to your ipod.

eedcam 02 Aug 11

Spotify free is a bit naff now you only get 5 plays each track for free unless o fcourse you record it

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message