Free music downloads.

curlylad 22:04 20 Feb 04

I would like to know where I can download music for free from the internet , I assume that there are lots of sites that offer this facility so I would like to know the opinion of you guys which is/are the best.
Thanks in advance.

shaggy1965 22:38 20 Feb 04

click here

Not brilliant but it's free!!!

I-W 22:54 20 Feb 04

try a file sharing programme. kazaa lite is the best iv found but there others like imesh or morpheus. do a google search for them and follow the links. best of luck.

Diodorus Siculus 22:59 20 Feb 04

peoplesound.com was pretty innovative with their selection.

Becareful with filesharing utilities as most music files available will have some copyright issues.

curlylad 23:08 20 Feb 04

shaggy1965.

Looks OK for a good starting point for me.

I-W.

I'll also give these a run when I've tried out the first suggestion.

Diodorus Siculus.

Advice has been noted.

Thanks one and all , got plenty to go on with there, cheers !

Diodorus Siculus 23:15 20 Feb 04

Beware too of the spyware etc attached to Kazza - it can be difficult to remove.

gudgulf 23:21 20 Feb 04

If you want to try kazaa then beware ,kazaa lite has been scuppered by legal action by sharman networks who own kazaa on copyright grounds(this is a bit rich given the nature of whats available over the kazaa network!).

The free version of kazaa is riddled with embedded spyware and adware.Also make sure your antivirus software is up to date as p2p networks are one of the best sources of virus infections.

I-W 16:22 23 Feb 04

If you dont want the spyware goto kazaalite. it does the same but none of the bad stuff. iv used it for years and never had a problem with it. Silence is golden, but it sounds better with music

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now