Free MS OneNote on office 2007

hawthorn59 22:25 24 Mar 15

Hi

I notice OneNote is now free....when I tried to download it, it tried to install office 2013 I think! Im a bit confused....shouldnt OneNote be able to run independent of Office? If not, how do I download a free version to work with Office 2007?

thanks

h

rdave13 23:13 24 Mar 15

The upgrade is available for Office 2013 or the 360 only. Just opened it in Office 2010. If you have OneDrive log in via your browser. Top left click on the multi square icon and you have OneNote online.

lotvic 00:28 25 Mar 15

"it tried to install office 2013" Nah, it's independent AFAIK, if it was from www.onenote.com ClickHere

It looks more like it's the setup file for the free 'OneNote2013' so it's setuponenotefreeretail....exe that you get.

hawthorn59 04:39 27 Mar 15

OK I downloaded it there now from onenote.com and when i tried to install it, it appears to be setuponenotefreeretail as you say. Then I am asked Do i wish to allow the following program to make changes... and the program is Microsoft Office clicktorun.

So that is where i am at!

thanks

h

SparkyJack 08:33 27 Mar 15

How about........dropping MS all together and getting into 21st century

Download Linbre Office free and give it a whirl. It reads all existing files.

A much more flexible system.

BRYNIT 08:56 27 Mar 15

If you have a Microsoft live/hotmail or outlook account have you been to the MSN web site clicked onto the Office or OneNote icon log in with your account all document will be store in a cloud account but you can down load a copy to your computer. Although I have read somewhere it's free I don't know how long this will be. I did try this last year and still found my trial documents online. The only problem is you do need an internet connection.

hawthorn59 05:09 28 Mar 15

Well it seems I'll have to go back to Evernote or Pocket! They are advertising Onenote for free, yet it is not as simple as downloading it. Why is it connected to Office at all? On the iPhone most people don have Office and I presume Onenote works!

I give up

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac