Free Microsoft Publisher alternatives

coolteentom 13:31 26 Aug 04

I was wondering if anyone knew of any free desktop publishing programs off the internet for home use?

Bebee 13:33 26 Aug 04

You will get an older, but perfectly good, version of Serif's PagePlus from click here

Belatucadrus 13:47 26 Aug 04
  mbp 13:49 26 Aug 04

Excellent recommendation. You must try it! Special offer upgrades are often also a giveaway.

coolteentom 14:33 26 Aug 04

Thanks for the links - will try them out.

coolteentom 14:33 26 Aug 04

Thanks for the links - will try them out.

pj123 17:18 26 Aug 04

Serif Pageplus good recommendation. I have PagePlus 7, Photoplus, Drawplus, Webplus. I started using Serif products when they were issued on floppy disks. (I've still got the original floppy disk version), but as a registered user I get upgrade offers regularly offering the next version up for around £9.95. Go to the link given by Bebee and download all the free programmes, you won't be disappointed.

pj123 17:22 26 Aug 04

Sorry, meant to add. There is a snag. You will be bombarded with emails, snail mailshots (and even phone calls if you give your phone number) from Serif offering you all sorts of bargains. Some of which are very good but if you don't want them, do what I do and just delete the emails.

Belatucadrus 17:33 26 Aug 04

However if you tell them not to contact you again, they stop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…