Free Microsoft CD

Smiler 10:35 10 Mar 04

Is this genuine???

Microsoft is giving away free patch CDs!

click here

This is for all users of Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows ME, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows 98. It includes all hotfixes, patches and updates as of October 2003.

It’s totally free (free cd + free shipping) so all windows users might as well take advantage of it. It’s not going to cost you anything so why not spend a minute or two to order it. More importantly when you get the cd, use it!

leo49 10:39 10 Mar 04

Yes it's genuine - applied last month but nothing's arrived yet.

A friend did say the other day that he'd seen somewhere that it wasn't going to be shipped till April.

anon1 10:55 10 Mar 04

I think there are probaly some windows users who will not be asking for it lol

Smiler 11:16 10 Mar 04

Thanks leo49 i'll order it now.

anon1 why not it's for all versions of windows from 98 on and if you have a slow dialup connection it will be a godsend.

byfordr 12:20 10 Mar 04

I think anon1 could be refering to the users of windows "freeware" ;-)

byfordr 12:29 10 Mar 04

Just ordered mine. Nice to see microshaft are taking a responsible attitude to patching the security flaws.

R

swanson2 12:30 10 Mar 04

Thanks for that Smiler.

I try and keep my updates current but in the event of a HD failure or similar occurrence this could prove most useful.

leo49 12:34 10 Mar 04

Probably what he's referring to,although I don't see why - Microsoft send out CDs to anyone who asks.I've never registered as a user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…