free and legal dvd ripper recommendations please

eysha 14:06 16 Aug 09

Hi, i am after a free but legal dvd ripper. I want to convert my family dvd's so i can put them on an ipod.
Can anyone recommend a good one that won't cause me problems as i am not too good with computer stuff really. I have read some reviews and some crash the computer etc and i would be lost then so a recommendation from someone here would be good.
Thanks in advance
E.

crosstrainer 14:21 16 Aug 09

It really depends on what format you wish to rip, and if the content is not legally copyrighted.

If you can be a little more specific about exactly what you want to do it will help us :))

bionicle 14:23 16 Aug 09

You could try click here

eysha 14:34 16 Aug 09

I have a Samsung yp-p3 players, my daughter said it is not an ipod thing - sorry i thought it was as it plays videos, music and has a radio etc on it.

crosstrainer 16:10 16 Aug 09

I think you will find that most content is copyright....No legal way to advise here..Sorry.

eysha 16:40 16 Aug 09

Crosstrainer, i think you have me all wrong. I am wanting to convert MY OWN home made family disks to my MP3 thing, as above, not breaqch copyright - I would never do that as i am an artist and disagree with breaching it or any law.
I did get Next DVD ripper as it is free and legal but my dvd's came through without sound so it was no good.
I don't do illegal stuff.

eedcam 18:32 16 Aug 09

If you only want to rip them to your pc then dvd shrink is as good as any but do you also need to convert if so do you already have software for that or do you need some
Shrink is quite straightforward only amatter of choosing open disc then when its ready choose make hard disc folder this will give you a Video Ts -Folder which will contain the Vob files ready for converting with whatever you have
click here

Any further info just ask

eysha 19:02 16 Aug 09

Thanks, before downloading it will this rip my own family dvd's and then i can convert them to go onto my MP thing?
so long as it will rip i can convert.
E.

bazt 19:48 16 Aug 09
  InTheCity 19:52 16 Aug 09

click here
rips and converts

eedcam 22:28 16 Aug 09

YYres shrink will rip as long as your dvds are dvd video ie Video ts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced