Free ISP ?

wetterfugal? 00:28 14 Jul 03

A week or so ago someone posted the address of a free internet connection, no home page, just the ability to connect to the internet with a lo-call number for which you pay on your BT bill. Can anyone remember it. I have tried a search on various keywords but was not successful.

madPentium 00:37 14 Jul 03

there countless ISPs who let you 'pay as you go' on your phone bill and they are all cheap rate.

Tesco.net / virgin.co.uk / freeserve / BT / NTL are but a tiny few

To use bt you must have a bt telephone line and to use Ntl it must be an ntl line in your house.

bvw in bristol 00:41 14 Jul 03

Free ISP Comparison Table
The following chart allows quick comparison of the important features of the best free UK internet access providers. For more details or to sign up (you should read all the terms and conditions of the service agreements first), go to the internet providers' websites through the provided links. For an explanation of the terms used in the table, please see our term definitions.

click here

wetterfugal? 00:41 14 Jul 03

They all have a Homepage, the one that was posted was only a telephone number.

beeuuem 01:04 14 Jul 03

Was it this one click here ?

wetterfugal? 01:18 14 Jul 03

You got it, I was beginning to think I had been dreaming, Thanks lots. The reason I wanted it was that I used to be on Freeserve Anytime on my Win98 machine, then I went over to AOL Broadband The on this WinXP. Freeserve account was cancelled and was converted to the normal Freeserve lo-call account. I had not used it for a while and I was sick of the vast quantity of mail (99% Spam) so I blocked all email.

Freeserve wrote and told me that I needed to download new software as my dialup numbers will expire, which they have so this was an easy way to connect if XP acts up which it did. (Have you gone to sleep yet)? Well that?s the story, thank you again for your trouble.

Regards, Vic A

Djohn 01:50 14 Jul 03

This is also an excellent free ISP, [Pay for local call only] can be dialled from any phone number. click here

beeuuem 11:30 14 Jul 03

wetterfugal?

Glad to be able to help. Freeuk, as recommended by Djohn, is also a good account to have as a back up. They don't seem to put any limitations on how often or lttle you use the account. Although I have changed servers several times my main mail address is still with Freeuk.

palinka 16:35 14 Jul 03

I keep recommending Onetel in this Forum. It is "free" in the sense that many are, but when you dial up you pay only 1p a minute at any time of day or night. If you mostly go on line only briefly it's excellent value (and even an hour will cost only 60p)

Tenner 17:23 14 Jul 03

Try click here and search the ISP Directory - many useful links, info etc

Hope it helps

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…