Free internet access/provider and email account.

HOLLYBEAR 09:25 23 Feb 05

My friend has just been given her first PC , only an old 2GB memory , 32mb RAM , etc etc you know the sort of thing , anyway she is going to use this as her first PC and when she gets the 'hang of things' will buy a new PC.In the meantime she justs wants to connect and use the internet and have an email account for free , so which are the best and easiest to use free ISP's , I need something that I can set up for her and use today please.

All help appreciated !

Diodorus Siculus 09:27 23 Feb 05

How free?

She will, at the very least, have to pay call charges - and they can add up: Pay as you go.

Or look at a company offering a set number of hours for a fixed fee - called "anytime" usually - see tiscali for instance.

HOLLYBEAR 09:38 23 Feb 05

Sorry , yes that's what I meant , free set up 'pay as you go' internet service , so are there any other good pay as you go ISP's ?

TomJerry 09:39 23 Feb 05

so called "free" internet access provider charge local call rate which will be expensive if she use quite often

I think that the best way is to get a prepaid internet pass which use 0808 number, £10 will buy you a pass for either one month unlimited useage or 2000 miutes valid for three months. click here

As for email address, she can sign up wih any web-based provider, then she can access it from any computer, yahoo click here and hotmail click here are both very good

By the way, does the old junk computer has a modem? If not, you/she need to buy one.

As she is not experienced, it is better to ask BT to block premium call on her line in case some nasty spyware software call premium number and seriously make damage

Shas 09:39 23 Feb 05

As Diodorus Siculus says, she will at least have to pay phone call charges. With Tiscali pay as you go, if she restricts her usage to evenings (6pm-8am Mon-Fri) and all weekend , it's only 1p a minute. (Weekdays between 8am + 6pm it's 4p a minute.) There are no other charges but I'm not sure if the helpline is free or not.

Dennis1 15:46 23 Feb 05

If she can use it during the day this is good.click here
click here

HOLLYBEAR 16:29 23 Feb 05

Thanks , I'll look into these suggestions .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…