free internet access

TheTerminator 11:36 25 Dec 03

between christmas and the new year, I am going to be without any access to the internet, as I go from one broadband house to another in January...

Which pay as you go internet service providers for simple dial up access offer a simple download of software then access the internet for a week or so, then I stop using them?
Any ideas etc are as usual gratefully received.
Thanks!

johnnyrocker 11:45 25 Dec 03

why not pick up one of the many free trial discs dotted all over the place ie garages/supermarkets.

johnny.

AubreyS 11:47 25 Dec 03

This will do you just fine. click here

AubreyS 11:48 25 Dec 03

I find if you use a disc, it put loads of other unwanted stuff on your PC.

Big Elf 11:49 25 Dec 03

Have a look at Freeserve No Ties click here It's a long time since I used this (I'm now on Anytime) that I can't remember all the steps to setting it up but I think you can configure and existing browser to use it. Alternatively pick the Freeserve CD from any DSG outlet.

TheTerminator 11:51 25 Dec 03

many thanks one and all, the collective knowledge of people here always impresses me. Thanks again and have a lovely and peaceful christmas day

AubreyS 11:54 25 Dec 03

TheTerminator.

No disrespect to Big Elf, but I would be against using a Freeserve disc. The method on the link that I sent you is straight forward and I have used it many times setting it up for others.

Have a good Xmas all.

Big Elf 12:11 25 Dec 03

No problem:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…