Free hard drive monitoring utility

CurlyWhirly 11:23 23 Oct 04

Hi. I am using the registered version of Hard Drive Health by Helexis software and I know someone who wouldn't mind having software monitor his hard drives but he doesn't want to pay for it (cheapskate!)

I have seen this kind of program mentioned in the Forum but unfortunately I can't find it on Google after typing 'freeware hard drive monitoring program'.
It uses SMART technology to monitor the drives and (with my version anyway) it hardly uses up any memory or CPU resources.
Anyone know of a link to download it?
Thanks in advance.

JonnyTub 11:26 23 Oct 04

is this it ? click here

CurlyWhirly 11:30 23 Oct 04

It is similar to the one I was looking for but on the download page it states the words 'Hitachi' so I wonder if it only works with these make of drives?
My mate has a Western Digital drive so I am going to the WD website and see if they offer any FREE utilities.

JonnyTub 11:34 23 Oct 04

It'll work on any SMART-capable IDE and SCSI hard drives. It doesn't, however, support RAID controllers (e.g., ATA or SCSI), including JBOD configurations, and won't detect RAID drives.

JonnyTub 11:37 23 Oct 04

I tried their download link and it's not available anymore, never mind.

CurlyWhirly 11:38 23 Oct 04

Thanks. I looked on the Western Digital website but I couldn't find anything.
I am having trouble finding a download link but I will keep trying!
When I go on Google it just gives me reviews and usage instructions but nowhere to download it from!

By the way my mate isn't able to find out himself as his dial-up modem is on the blink and has decided to upgrade to broadband so there is a few days/weeks wait while the contract goes through and waiting for the FREE ADSL modem to be sent through the post.

CurlyWhirly 11:39 23 Oct 04

Oh well back to the drawing board!

CurlyWhirly 11:49 23 Oct 04

Thanks Jonny, I finally managed to find a FREE version at click here!
Resolved.

CurlyWhirly 12:08 23 Oct 04

Another one at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…