Free Gift for Opera Fans

Pesala 14:55 26 Oct 03

Someone on the Customising Opera Forum click here posted an HTML file for adding a side panel to Opera's hotlist. With this panel you can watch streaming media in RealOne Player while browsing the web. Neat, and easy to customise to add your own favourite media streams - audio or video.

powerless 17:16 26 Oct 03

Should I bump this?

Pesala 17:34 26 Oct 03

Powerful, have your tried the panel yet? It's quite easy to install and configure. This is how it looks on my setup with the hotlist on the right. click here

suzie005 18:49 26 Oct 03

can sumbody explain why when i click to download the file i get the MS windows media 9 series page come up.tells me my OS is unrecognisale.am using ME btw.

Pesala 18:58 26 Oct 03

The Panel click here is a simple HTML file. My file at the link above is just a JPG image.

suzie005 19:07 26 Oct 03

yeah that's the one.i clicked where it said to and that was the message i got.am i doing summat wrong?

Pesala 19:38 26 Oct 03

when you click on an html file is that it opens in your default browser. Try finding any other html file in Windows Explorer, double-click on it and see if the same thing happens. If it does, there is something wrong with your file associations.

P.S. I assume you are using Opera. Which version?

suzie005 19:41 26 Oct 03

opera isn't my default browser.IE is.

Pesala 19:55 26 Oct 03

This is a panel for adding to the Opera hotlist. It is not designed for IE.

When I tried following the link in IE 6.0, it encountered an error and closed down. Try using Opera. I had no problem, and got it working nicely first time, though I am having a few problems configuring it just the way I want.

Be aware that this is just somebody developing a plug-in for Opera using Javascript. If you don't know what you're doing, leave it alone. It is a beta program, which means it is not thoroughly tested. Don't blame me if you have to re-install Opera or worse.

Newuser38 19:59 26 Oct 03

But I suspect it will only work on Broadband or cable. There are now 16 people signed up for Broadband on our exchange. I am probably 5 of them. I dont think I shall do any streaming unless I move house.

suzie005 20:08 26 Oct 03

am using version 7 but i don't have it set as the default.it didn't say in the earlier postings that it had to be.have real one player and on 1MB BB.i'll leave it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…