Free Firewall - Not Zone Alarm

Border View 21:50 30 Apr 03

I've encountered problems with Zone Alarm. Is there any other free fire wall available please.

Looking forward to your responses.

Nellie2 22:17 30 Apr 03
  VoG™ 22:30 30 Apr 03
  Belatucadrus 23:32 30 Apr 03

My own favourite Kerio 2 click here

User-312386 00:08 01 May 03

go with nellie on this one

Sygate is by far the best free one

madboy33

Border View 10:08 01 May 03

Many thanks for your suggestions. Sorry I've just got back to you. Will look at them.

Border View 14:12 02 May 03

There is a copy of Sygate on the March DVD of PC Advisor. But I've just been looking into the process of uninstalling Zone Alarm and it scares me witless. I know nothing about the Registry and the thought of going into it and the fatal mistakes I could make worries me.

My problems with Zone Alarm stem from when I updated it a few weeks ago. Last night when shutting down I received the message:

A fatal exception OE has occurred at 016F:BFF9DFFF press any key to terminate the current application. Press Cont. Alt. Delete again to restart your computer you will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

I was only trying to shut down my computer.

Question: Is there a safe way of uninstalling Zone Alarm and then installing Sygate. Or do I try and resolve these BSOD.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nellie2 12:08 17 May 03

Deepest apologies.....I was just checking my old postings and only just realised that you had another question and no-one has answered it. Hopefuly you will have sorted your problem by now but if not then you can get info on how to safely uninstall ZA from here click here

Nellie2 12:11 17 May 03

I've just noticed that you have ticked your post! Oh well...silly me!! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…