Free firewall advice for Windows 98

doggon 19:33 27 Jan 06

Good evening everyone.

I have been given a old computer running Windows 98 Second Edition and am looking for a free firewall. I have Zone Alarm on my XP machine but according to the online ZA user guide, Windows 98 is not supported. Any suggestions please.
Would I be safe without a firewall as it will be through a router, BT Voyager 210, and I am going to put AVG free on it?

woodchip 19:37 27 Jan 06

If you want old ZoneAlarm that works on Win98 mail me

Ivor_Monkey 19:45 27 Jan 06

I recommend sygate

doggon 20:00 27 Jan 06

Thank you for your most kind offer, but I don't think I fancy an old version of ZA. I do have a Norton Internet Security 2003 disc which has never been used and I was debating whether or not to just install the firewall component from that. I may take a chance and do without as it's going through the router.

Thanks.

doggon 20:03 27 Jan 06

Thanks, Is my memory faulty, I thought that wasn't available anymore. I am going to have a look at the home page.

woodchip 20:06 27 Jan 06

then you do not need a firewall

cycoze 20:08 27 Jan 06

Outpost Free Firewall click here easy to setup and use.

doggon 20:28 27 Jan 06

Not sure if you are referring to having a router, which I wasn't sure gave adequate protection, or to NIS, but thanks for your help.

woodchip 20:29 27 Jan 06

Router

doggon 20:29 27 Jan 06

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
Cheers.

doggon 20:32 27 Jan 06

Thanks, if thats good enough, then that will do. Might as well keep it as simple as possible.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…