Free film downloads

MIKE. 10:05 16 Apr 06

Sorry not strictly a PC problem but does anyone the answer. We all know downloading films is illegal unless you pay. When doing research on the internet for free films to download there are countless sites that offer this facilitiy. My questions how do these companies get around the copywrite laws, and if they do not why are the not closed down. A further caviate to my question are these sites safe or do you venture there at your own risk.

SG Atlantis® 10:09 16 Apr 06

your own risk.

They breach the law and don't care, they think... "it'll never happen to us"

MIKE. 10:58 16 Apr 06

Thanks SG Atlantis® for your advice I shall steer well clear. There is enough pit falls on the internet without looking for more.

spuds 10:59 16 Apr 06

There are a few sites that provide 'free for self use' legal downloads free of charge, but the vast majority of film download sites have to be chosen with extreme care, due to various legal and implication restrictions.

MIKE. 11:03 16 Apr 06

Thanks folks for your help

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:13 16 Apr 06

The sites are usually hosted in the Eastern European states where the authorities attitude to copyright is somewhat lame and their attitude to wads of cash is renown. There is usually some sort of credit card payment ($30) involved but IMHO anyone getting scammed from this deserves to lose all and more. I have little sympathy for the whiners who claim that they did not know.

Stuartli 12:52 16 Apr 06

Have you looked at Google Video?

click here

Stuartli 12:58 16 Apr 06
  MIKE. 20:42 16 Apr 06

Sorry for not replying sooner to all the advice given . It does seem to me to be a minefield out there in what is A/ A safe to use spyware etc.
B/ What are your legal right etc.
C/ What you are allowed to download.
D/ worrying there will be a knock on the door from the vidio police after down loading.
Any way thanks again for all you kind folk for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…