Free fax from pc??

frenchman96 10:57 11 Dec 07

Hi Guys

Anyone know simple way to send fax from pc. just tried wizard to no avail

Totally-braindead 11:06 11 Dec 07

Are you on dial up? Reason I ask is you need a dial up connection, broadband can't do it. Though there are a few third party companies that can provide this service but cannot advise on them as haven't used them.

frenchman96 11:12 11 Dec 07

Hi TB

yes I am on BB, I should have thought, I must admit, I used to have a free one from net but cant remember it.

Only reason needed is that the odd company/council, still insist on fax instead of email, dont know why

Totally-braindead 11:14 11 Dec 07

There are third party companies that can convert stuff to fax, I've seen others mention it but since I've never used it I cannot comment on costs etc if any.

anchor 12:37 11 Dec 07

Have a look at this; may help.

click here

DieSse 16:54 11 Dec 07

.....and look at this too click here - I've used it for years.

anchor 17:26 12 Dec 07

DieSse:

I think e-Fax would be quite an expensive option for frenchman96 to send a fax. It costs £7.50 to setup, and then a subscription of £90/year. In addition, 6p for each fax sent.

Far cheaper to buy an inexpensive dial-up modem, and use something like SnappyFax, ($30)

click here

or, if he has Win XP, the built in fax programme.

octal 17:29 12 Dec 07

Won't they accept a PDF document attached to the email? It's just as good as a FAX, in fact I think it's better. PDFs are accepted as legal documents now.

frenchman96 17:43 12 Dec 07

Hi Guys

As only one company demanded a fax, I wont bother but thanks for all the links

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…