Free Email Providers and OE

nickr 15:02 07 Aug 05

I have several free email accounts which I want to use via Outlook Express to save having to go into each account seperately when sending / receiving email.

Two of the accounts I use are Yahoo ones, who, I believe will now not allow you to 'POP3' unless you pay.

Can you recommend decent free email providers (not hotmail!) which are compatible with OE?

mattyc_92 15:06 07 Aug 05

Gmail supposed to be, but I can't get it to work with OE.

mattyc_92 15:07 07 Aug 05

You need an "invite" to use Gmail.

E-mail me, via the Yellow Envolope and I will send you a gmail invite.

nickr 15:09 07 Aug 05

Yes, mattyc_92, I've had the same prob with gmail.

nickr 15:09 07 Aug 05

Thanks for the offer matty - got one already!

mattyc_92 15:20 07 Aug 05

I think you can get a FREE aol address.

Go to click here and leave the username and password fields blank and click logon. You should see a link labelled "Create one FREE now"

Don't know if you actually can though.

nickr 15:52 07 Aug 05

Cheers matty. Created new email a/c with aol, verified, etc, but it won't let me in! But that's another problem - life's too short! lol

Any more free email accounts?

nickr 16:22 07 Aug 05

matty - you CAN use GMAIL with OE. They must have just started allowing it.

octal 16:48 07 Aug 05

Yahoo.co.uk does offer POP3 access but Yahoo.com doesn't. Having said that I access all my web mail addesses, Hotmail an Lycos using FreePops you can use this with Yahoo.com as well.

click here

djbenny 17:43 07 Aug 05

i cant get gmail working via pop 3 properly, you have to change the setting though thats all i know but i use the gmail notifier, you could try using click here i have read it to be reliable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…