Free ebook reader

kimtrnc 06 Sep 11

Just treated myself to an e-reader. Every site I've been on says it has free ebooks....but none of them actually have! Anyone recommend a REAL free book download site, please?

Upcoming long flight......

Thanks in advance kimig

cocteau48 06 Sep 11

Possibly something here:enter link description here

northumbria61 06 Sep 11

What make of e-reader is it ? The reason I ask is because you have to buy "books" that are compatible with your reader - see here enter link description here

wiz-king 06 Sep 11

Only 36,000 to chose from here

HondaMan 06 Sep 11

Amazon.co.uk

northumbria61 06 Sep 11

HondaMan - I think you will find that Amazon e-books are only compatible with the Amazon Kindle.

kimtrnc 06 Sep 11

Thanks lads - that gives me something to chew on. I have just bought a BInatone ereader. Bit late to ask, but any commenst, good or bad, as to your view?

lotvic 06 Sep 11

I use the free Calibre ebook manager, it can handle and convert almost any format of ebook and put them on all types of devices (it also has a built in viewer/reader for reading on your pc).

calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books http://calibre-ebook.com/about

northumbria61 06 Sep 11

kimtrnc - Bit late to ask, but any comments, good or bad, as to your view?

The only thing you may find if you are reading for long periods your Binatone is backlit and may strain your eyes in comparison to the Amazon Kindle which is E-ink and easier on the eyes.

HondaMan 06 Sep 11

I think you will find that Amazon e-books are only compatible with the Amazon Kindle.

Yes, but for most other readers, you can get a Kindle download which enables you to read Kindle books.

lotvic 06 Sep 11

I found this useful to know Tutorial: The ABCs of e-book format conversion Easy Calibre tips

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message