free ebook cover creator

Janebell 16:19 PM 09 May 08

I have spent most of this afternoon looking for a decent (free) ebook cover creator - to no avail. I object to spending $35 - $100 for something I will probably use only very occasionally - also the software can't be THAT technical?
Anyone know of anything out there?

Forum Editor 19:18 PM 09 May 08

but some of it is very good, and to be frank, the old adage that you get nowt for nowt holds good here.

When you consider that a really professional-looking cover can work wonders in terms of attracting interest, an expenditure of £40 or so isn't exactly a fortune. I've yet to see a totally free product in this field that was any good at all.

Janebell 20:20 PM 09 May 08

Thanks - good advice (sometimes you don't know whether to fork out or just keep looking) do you recommend any one in particular?

Janebell 20:21 PM 09 May 08

Sorry that should have read ebook COVER creator

Forum Editor 22:53 PM 09 May 08

I recommend this:

click here

Janebell 09:55 AM 10 May 08

Thanks for your continued help. I don't have photoshop so this would be an expensive option - any others you know of?

Forum Editor 17:33 PM 10 May 08

you run a Google search on 'ebook cover creator software'.

You'll get plenty of results, and you can look through them at your leisure.

ChristyRZ 00:33 AM 25 Jul 09

GIMP is free software like Photoshop. It's as powerful as Photoshop, without the pricetag. (It's open-source.)

click here

Once you download GIMP, go to:

click here

...and get the tutorial on how to use GIMP to make the 3D covers, software boxes, etc. There's both a written tutorial as well as a set of video tutorials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know