Free E-mail Account?

@Home 08:45 05 Aug 04

I am looking for a free e-mail account that will work with Outlook 2003. I have already got a Hotmail account, but some forums don't accept web based e-mail addresses.

I tried Wanadoo but just cannot get it to work.
For some reason it has given me @fsmail.net as an address. I would have thought I'd have got @wanadoo.co.uk.

Reason I want another is my NTL is becoming unreliable.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

georgemac 08:53 05 Aug 04

click here aventure mail, free with 2 gb of storage

keith-236785 08:57 05 Aug 04

if you have dial up, click here and sign up. once signed up you wont need to use the free uk dial up. you can just set outlook/outlook express up to check the freeuk account (this keeps the account active)

You will need dial up to install this because you need to download the setup file. (if you only have BB as i do, you can give it a go and see if it will allow you to set up the account manually) but as far as i can remember you need to dial into the account once to activate it.

good luck

@Home 09:11 05 Aug 04

paperman - I'm BB only.

georgemac - I have tried them too but it would sign me up.

Any more?

Thanks so far.

dagwoood 09:22 05 Aug 04

You could try Lycos click here

You can download a piece of s/w that will synchronize your email account with Outlook.

Storage is 10MB and mail is scanned for viruses.

dagwoood.

cga 09:44 05 Aug 04

The issue is not wether it is web based or not but that it is free. Those that do this (EBAY etc.) try to filter any free email addresses but I am not sure how comprehensive their check is.

I bit the bullet and bought a named address from Lycos Premium Mail (my own domain name) and I have no trouble. I can use both Web & POP3.

For free you could try some of the more obscure ones in case these dont get filtered out in the checking process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…