Free DVD-Writer software

nerawan 18:08 16 Mar 06

Hi. I want to reedit some DVDs (select only chapters) but most are copy protected. Does anyone know any free software that allows to make copies of these DVDs. Thanks

Totally-braindead 21:29 16 Mar 06

I'm afraid what you are proposing is illegal and the rules of the Forum prohibit advising people on how to circumvent copyright material.

mike1967 21:52 16 Mar 06

DVD Shrink

nerawan 10:21 22 Mar 06

I have understood making copies of dvd you own for back up or re-editing is not illegal. It would be illegal if that was done for commercial purposes.
There are many programs (find them making a search in google but I wanted an opinion about the ones that are better to use and probably free).

Belatucadrus 11:07 22 Mar 06

click here

The relevant bit is:-

"Indivuals who make a copy of a copyrighted DVD, CD or music file, whether for back-up or for use on another device such as an MP3 player, are committing a crime."

Let me see what does that leave that I can legally put on my MP3 player? Nothing, unfortunately the law is an ass in this case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…