Free download for word programme??

laptopdunce 14:15 15 Dec 13

I have MS word starter 2010 installed on my sony Vaio laptop, I dont have the full paid version, but when opening the starter to simply write a letter it keeps jamming up, so I thought it might be better to download a free wordprocessor programme for letters and labels etc., (i dont do complex things on Word) - what would the experts recommend? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Ian in Northampton 14:26 15 Dec 13

OpenOffice is free, well reviewed and compatible with MS Office.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 15 Dec 13

Free LibreOffice here is also compatible with MS docs.

spuds 14:41 15 Dec 13

Fully endorse the two above suggestions.

spuds 14:46 15 Dec 13

Forgot to add, that the Major Geeks website offers some choices or possible suggestions on other word programmes that might help, including the two above click here

Secret-Squirrel 16:14 15 Dec 13

"....I thought it might be better to download a free wordprocessor programme for letters and labels etc.,"

I would have thought it better to simply repair your Office Starter as it only takes a few mouse clicks:

Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> select "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" -> click the "Change" button at the top -> answer "yes" when asked if you want to repair the installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…