Free download games

arbez 18:41 12 Feb 09

I understand nothing about computer memory. I would like to play the new 'Around the World in 80 Days' advertised on this website. Does it take up memory only whilst it is downloaded, and can I delete it when I've tired of it? ( I'm not really a gamer. and don't want to clutter up my system.
arbez

tullie 18:56 12 Feb 09

You can delete it when finished as with any other file,its only a one hour trial though.

Diodorus Siculus 21:01 12 Feb 09

It will not take up "memory" until you play it; when you quit the game, the memory will be released -a reboot of the machine will ensure this.

However, it will take up hard drive space which will be used until you delete it by uninstalling the game.

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 12 Feb 09

For what it's worth, people often confuse computer memory (which is RAM - the temporary space which the PC needs for operating) with hard drive space which is where everything is stored.

arbez 21:41 12 Feb 09

Thank you both.
arbez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…