Free Dialup, registration free internet access

Eastender 13:35 12 May 03

Some time ago I saw on this forum, I think in a reply to someone who was having trouble connecting to the internet, a link to a site giving an 0845 number and password for immediate internet access.

I have friend who has a problem connecting and I thought this would be a good method of checking his system from DUN to line connection.

Although I have spent some time searching this site, I can't find the thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bruno 14:05 12 May 03

Not quite what you are looking for,but I signed up to MSN pay as you go as a spare ISP in case I had a problem connecting to my Evesham account.It costs nothing if you do not use it and it is nice to have an alternative.

Silver Eddie 14:10 12 May 03

Hi,
Not sure what you are looking for, but I use Tiscali and have never had any problems. Not quite free but at £3.99 for unlimited access from 8.00 to 6.00 every day, its about as cheap as they come.
Have a look at click here I don't work for them!
Would prefer Broadband, but cannot get that where I live anyway.
Eddie

Eastender 14:12 12 May 03

Thank you for your prompt reply bruno and I agree it is always useful to have a second string to your bow but as he can't get connected to the net that would be a problem.

Eastender 14:19 12 May 03

Cheers Silver Eddie but my friend has always been very happy with his ISP, it's just that he has a fault (grand children fiddling, software or hardware) and this would be one method of eliminating ISP settings etc.

beeuuem 14:19 12 May 03

I don't recall the link you were looking for but this click here offers a similarr service.

Eastender 14:46 12 May 03

you are a star, not the one I was thinking of but it works a treat. Thank you very much for your help.

Djohn 14:56 12 May 03

Another free ISP, (Only pay for tel.calls at local rate), is freeuk. excellent provider and first time connections, help line at local rate and can be used from any location.

Great for your laptop, just plug into a friend or family members phone line and dial in. (Don't forget though that the cost of call will go on the bill payers account). click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…